Some times it’s required to find out the module of the portlet that’s deployed onto a page. Few of the possible scenarios can be that we want to remove or disable the module of that portlet from WebSphere Portal.
There can more than one ways to achieve this task, but we will discuss one of the possible way. Let us assume we want to find out the module name for Welcome (ibm.portal.WebSphere Portal.Welcome) page under portal Administration tab. The portlet title that’s placed onto this page is Information portlet.
- Export the page and open it in a text editor.
- Search the page definition in the xml file either by title or it’s uniquename in our case it’s Welcome page.
- Note down the value of portletref attribute under portletinstance tag that’s child node of content-node tag of Welcome page.
- Search the value of portletref attribute that you note down in previous step in the xml file. It should match with objectid of any portlet tag under web-app. Note down the uid of web-app in our case it’s ‘BlurbPortlet..’
- Now login to WebSphere Portal and navigate to Administration>Web Module and search for the module as ‘Blurb’.