Follow these best practices for creating and securing a page and portlet hierarchy:
- Organize the hierarchy to permit security through inheritance.
- Assign roles NO higher than Privilege User role to average portal user.
- Lock container content to prevent users from adding or deleting content.
- Copy portlets to assign different level of access.
- Assign user the same privileges on the page as the highest privilege of the portlet placed on the same page.
- Assume that a user has the highest level of access granted to them by more than one group.
Reference: IBM Course WPL81 – Installation and Administration of IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0 on Windows