1. Extract Rational License Server files into the desired directory say /usr/local/flexlm
2. Generate license keys from IBM Rational License Key Center by navigating through My license keys > Get keys.
3. Select Ethernet Address for Host Type and enter your MAC address of the configured network adapter useually it’s eth0 in Host ID field but without “:“. You can view your machine MAC address by ifconfig and locating the string HWaddr.
4. Edit the license.dat file enter replace the line VENDOR telelogic with the following line:
VENDOR telelogic “/usr/local/flexlm/telelogic”
5. Add the following two lines inside /etc/profile file.
6. You can start the server by running the following command:
/usr/local/flexlm/lmgrd -local -c /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.dat -l /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.log
7. You can view the server status by using the following command:
/usr/local/flexlm/lmutil lmstat -a -c /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.dat
8. You can shutdown it by running the command:
/usr/local/flexlm/lmutil lmdown -c /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.dat